Pan-Seared Tilapia with Lemon Chives and Capers
Prepared by The Culinary Team @ Griffin Hospital Dining Services.
The tender white flesh of this fish is mild and delicious. Even kids love it! It's inexpensive, always found fresh at the supermarket, and cooks very quickly, so it's perfect for Chow Now nights.
Juice of 2 lemons (about 1/3 cup)
1 tablespoon fresh chives, snipped
1 teaspoon drained capers
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 pounds fresh tilapia fillets
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/4 cup Arrowhead Mills Organic Pastry Flour *
Buy the book This recipe is featured on page 203
- In a small bowl, stir together the lemon juice, chives, capers, dash of salt, and 2 tablespoons of the oil. Set aside.
- Rinse the fish and pat dry. Season with the salt (use no more than 1/8 teaspoon) and pepper. Place the flour on a flat plate and dredge the fish, coating both sides.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook, turning once, for 7 to 8 minutes, or until tender and browned on both sides.
- To serve, place a fillet on each of 4 plates and drizzle with the lemon mixture.
261 calories, 12 g fat (2 g sat fat), 33 g protein, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 83 mg cholesterol, 227 mg sodium
* You can also use Hodgson Mill Oat Bran Flour.